GAMEFLAVOR COMPETITION RULES
28 JULY 2023 -31 December 2023
- This promotional competition (“Competition”) is run by Gameflavor GmbH (“Promoter”) and is open to all persons of 18 years or older in respect of the Ticket Prize (as set out in Competition Rule 4.1) except for (a) the directors, members, partners, agents, consultants or employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, (b) the directors, members, partners, agents, consultants or employees of any suppliers of any goods or services to the Promoter in respect of this Competition, (c) directors, members, partners, agents, consultants or employees of the Promoter’s advertising and promotion agencies or associated companies, and (d) participating outlet owners and staff.
- The rules set out in this document constitute the rules which will govern the Competition (“Competition Rules”).
- Participation in the Competition by an entrant (“Participant”) constitutes acceptance of these Competition Rules by the Participant.
2. Competition Period
This Competition will run from 28 JULY 2023 until 25 AUGUST 2023, both dates inclusive, or until the Promoter provides a public notice that the Competition has ended, whichever is earlier (“Competition Period”). Entries will only be accepted during the Competition Period.
3. Competition Entry Process
- In order to enter the Competition, a Participant must:
- purchase at least one RESIDENT EVIL FIRST AID SPRAY COLLECTOR’S BOX
- Entry is only valid through this medium and
- Participants are liable for their own data and voice charges in respect of the Competition participation as well as any verification process, if applicable.
4. Description of Prize
- The prizes for this Competition are: Steelseries Gaming Keyboard worth more than $200
5. Winner Selection and Notification
- Potential winners of the Prize will be selected by a random draw The draws will take place on or before:
- 1 September 2023; and
- The draws will consist of all valid product purchases received during the Competition
- Potential winners of the Prize will be notified by the Promoter via email between 25 August 2023 and 5 September 2023
- The potential winners will be announced on the Promoter’s social media platforms
- If the Promoter is unable to contact a potential winner, he/she will be disqualified and a substitute potential winner may at the discretion of the Promoter be selected, using the same winner selection
6. Winner Verification
- A potential winner of the Prize must be over the age of 18 years old. Potential winners of the Prize may be asked to provide a copy of his/her identity document/passport/driver’s license/proof of residential address/proof of purchase, if applicable in order to be eligible to receive the The Promoter
reserves the right to conduct the validation and verification process via automated means and/or any other means that the Promoter may deem necessary, and by participating in the Competition, all Participants consent to the appropriate validation and verification measures that the Promoter may implement from time to time.
- A Prize will only be awarded by the Promoter and a potential winner of the Prize will only be regarded as a winner after the verification process set out in these Competition Rules has been completed to the satisfaction of the Promoter. Failing successful verification of a potential winner, a substitute winner may be selected at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of a potential winner to verify his/her eligibility and/or the validity of a potential winner’s, of either Prizes’, entry. The Promoter may disqualify a potential winner if any fraud or cheating or related activity is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of an entry or otherwise falsifying data. Should the Promoter or its agent determine that an entry or Participant is invalid or ineligible, the relevant Participant shall not be entitled to receive a Prize and will not be compensated in any way.
7. Prize Forfeiture
- A winner must communicate his/her full details to the Promoter or its agent as requested by the Promoter or its agent. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of a Prize.
- If a winner is unwilling to accept, receive or utilize (as applicable) a Prize then the entire Prize shall be forfeited. There will be no compensation, in any form, including, but not limited to monetary compensation and/or rescheduling, to any party, irrespective of the reason/s for the inability of that winner to attend, receive or utilize (as applicable) a Prize.
- Time permitting and subject to the Promoter’s approval, where a Prize is forfeited a substitute winner may be chosen in the same manner as an original winner was chosen.
- Should the process for entry into the Competition or the Prize/s involve any alcoholic beverage, Participants shall ensure that it is enjoyed responsibly.
- In the event of a dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The timelines stated by the Promoter or its agent must be adhered to. Failing adherence to any timeline, at any stage, may result in disqualification and forfeiture of a Prize in its entirety with no compensation to any party by the Promoter.
- Each Participant, by participating in the Competition, acknowledges, agrees and expressly consents to:
- the Promoter processing the Participant’s personal information, including in the form of names, telephone numbers, identity numbers and/or email addresses, during and after the course and scope of the Competition; and
- the Promoter transferring the winning Participant’s personal information, including names, telephone numbers, identity numbers and/or email addresses, to the relevant third parties in order to make any required travel, delivery or other arrangements, as may be applicable, during the course and scope of the Competition for utilization of a Prize,
which processing and transfer shall take place in accordance with the provisions of the Protection of Personal Information Act 14 of 2013 (“POPIA”) and any other applicable law, and for the purpose of giving effect to the Competition.
- With the exception of Competition Rule 4 above, the Promoter will not share any personal information with any third party except where such disclosure is necessary to enable the Promoter to provide, deliver or in any other way give effect to these Competition Rules and/or a Prize, where such disclosure is permitted by law and/or where consent to sharing personal information is obtained from the relevant Participant by the Promoter. The Promoter will comply with the relevant data protection legislation, including POPIA.
- The Promoter may make media announcements containing, or otherwise publish, the names and/or photographs of a winner without remuneration being payable to a winner, provided that the Promoter will not do so if a winner communicates in writing to the Promoter that he/she does not want his or her names or photographs to be contained in media announcements or otherwise published.
- Should a Prize not be available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavors to procure a Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another of equal value as determined in the
Promoter’s sole discretion and subject to availability. No person will be entitled to be compensated in any way in this instance by the Promoter.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any costs, expenses or other liabilities incurred by a winner which are not expressly contemplated as part of a Prize.
- These Competition Rules may be amended by the Promoter on public notice at any time during the Competition Period or thereafter. These Competition Rules will be interpreted by the Promoter only.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel this Competition in whole or in part. Any alterations, amendments or cancelations will be interpreted by the Promoter only. In the event of an alteration, amendment and/or cancellation, the Promoter will not compensate any individual for any reason whatsoever.
8.11. Each Participant indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, its associated companies, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the Promoter and its associated companies, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising out of his/her participation in any way in this Competition or his/her receipt, participation, ownership and/or use of a Prize. This indemnity is not intended to exclude any liability for any person which cannot be excluded under the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, corrupted, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason Proof of sending an entry will not be accepted as proof of receipt of such entry. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted. The Promoter is not responsible for lost, damaged or delayed entries as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. No entry from an agent, third party, organized group or entry automatically generated by computer will be valid or accepted. An entry will only be valid and accepted if it complies with all entry instructions and requirements. Any form of network or systems manipulation, including but not limited to Botnets, Sim Farms, Trojans, SMS malware may not be used when entering the Competition.
- By participating in the Competition, each Participant gives the Promoter consent to: (i) market its products and campaigns to the Participant; (ii) conduct market research using personal information of the Participant which may be shared with third parties to enable the Promoter to develop appropriate marketing strategies in respect of its customers; and (iii) use the personal information and other details
provided by the Participant during the Competition entry process for the purposes of facilitation of the Competition. A Participant may decline to provide or retract his/her consent by opting out via the opt out mechanism provided on the communications of the Promoter.